Arsenal star Mesut Ozil insists his future at the club does not depend on Arsene Wenger
Mesut Ozil has said his future at Arsenal does not depend on Arsene Wenger.
The German international is heading into the last 12 months of his deal at the Emirates, and Mirror Sport understands he has been offered a new deal potentially worth a massive £280,000-a-week.
However he is yet to commit to the club, at a time when Wenger's own position is coming under increasing pressure from supporters, with his own contract set to expire at the end of the current campaign
Some fans marched against the Frenchman ahead of the 5-0 win over Lincoln on Saturday, which booked an FA Cup semi-final place.
Bayern Munich are keen on taking World Cup winner Ozil, 28, back to Germany and have already begun the charm offensive ahead of a potential summer move.
And Ozil, who admits he harbours a desire to win the Champions League, says he is yet to decide on his future.
"Everything is open. We had talks with Arsenal. Right now I concentrate on the current season," Ozil told Bild .
"Arsene Wenger was one of the main reasons I joined Arsenal. But I know that sometimes things go very fast in football and that you can never plan something.
"This is why it would be wrong to say that my future depends on my coach."
- “It might be my last World Cup,” says PogbaWorld Cup 2018 22 hours ago
- Golf: Veteran defeats 136 golfers in annual tournament in MombasaGolf 12 hours ago
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Beware England! Falcao on fire as Colombia sends Poland homeWorld Cup 2018 4 hours ago
- Messi’s diehard fan commits suicide after Argentina shockerWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Aguero set for axe as efforts to sack Sampaoli failWorld Cup 2018 4 hours ago
- All smiles as Kenya breaks winless jinx: Captain Change hails Simbas' fighting spirit, urges teammate to remain focusedRugby 12 hours ago