Volleyball: Moim named Most Valuable Player in Finland Premier League, dedicates award to departed mum
|National volleyball team player Mercy Moim with her Liiga Ploki teammates in Finland||
National volleyball team player Mercy Moim with her Liiga Ploki teammates in Finland
Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/article/2000140387/volleyball-why-mercy-moim-is-enjoying-life-in-finland#/
Kenya women's national volleyball team attacker Mercy Moim has been voted the Most Valuable Player (MVP) in the Finland Premier League.
The 27 year old Kenyan star has been instrumental at Liiga Ploki since her September 2014 move from Kenya Prisons, scoring 442 points in 22 league matches and helped the Finish side qualify for the play-offs slated for this weekend after finish fifth in the just concluded 2014/15 season.
And in a chat with Game Yetu, the mother of one couldn't hide her joy dedicating the award to her late mother, Dina Chelimo, who passed away on 21 February last year.
“I am so excited and honored to be recognized in such a competitive league. I am just speechless, but I thank God for everything,” said Moim.
“I dedicate this award to my mum who passed on in February 2014, the same day we lost to Tunisia in the World championship qualifiers at Kasarani.”
“Everybody is pleased with my recognition and personally it’s a morale boosting award ahead of the play-offs.”
- Cavalry Cup set to light up Manyatta Polo Club in GilgilSports 4 hours ago
- Netball: Kenya lose to hosts Zambia in continental openerVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Emotional send off for hero BettAthletics 4 hours ago
- Retired President Moi mourns Bett's demiseAthletics 6 days ago
- Gor march closer to league winFootball 4 hours ago
- Kiambu County dethrone Nakuru in basketballBasketball 4 hours ago
- Linda Jesang Kangogo wins DT Dobie Eldoret tournamentGolf 3 days ago