Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua bans Gor Mahia from playing at Kenyatta Stadium
MACHAKOS, KENYA: The County Government of Machakos has banned Gor Mahia from playing at Kenyatta Stadium and wants the club to pay Sh10m for damages caused by fans during and after Sunday match.
In a post appearing on Governor Mutua’s Facebook page, the county said it is reviewing CCTV footage and will be instituting cases against individual rowdy and violent Gor Mahia fans who caused mayhem in Machakos.
“Gor Mahia is an amazing football club. However, the violent behaviour of its fans during and after yesterday’s match against Sofapaka FC in Machakos was despicable and unacceptable,” said Governor Mutua.
“As a preventive measure and so as to ensure no one is injured or killed after a Gor Mahia or any other football match in Machakos, the County Government of Machakos has banned Gor Mahia Football team from playing in Machakos County Stadium until further notice.”
Mutua says the County is invoicing Gor Mahia football team for an estimated Sh10 million as compensation of destroyed County Government and Private property.
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 2 days ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 2 days ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 2 days ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 2 days ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 2 days ago
- Ireland must frustrate the hell out of All Blacks, says D'ArcyRugby 2 days ago