Samuel Eto'o Laikipia Unity Cup Football Tournament Kicks Off in August 2014
Laikipia- After two successful runs, the much anticipated Samuel Eto'o Laikipia Unity Cup (LUC), organised by the Zeitz Foundation, Laikipia Wildlife Forum and BATUK, returns for its third edition scheduled for 7 - 10 August 2014, at Endana Secondary school grounds in Laikipia County.
This year's LUC tournament will see 20 teams battle it out in a 4-day event for the cup.
The teams, 16 boys team and 4 girls teams, are drawn from 8 zones within Laikipia County with each region represented by their two top teams.
The finals will culminate in the official opening of the Samuel Eto'o Laikipia Unity Football Academy, School and Environmental Education Centre, designed by PITCHAfrica, which is in final stages of construction at Endana School.
The academy has been supported by commercial ranches and conservancies in the neighbourhood, including Segera, Ol Pejeta and Ol Jogi, as well as Samuel Eto'os own Foundation and Guernsey Overseas Aid.
The LUC addresses livelihood and environmental issues affecting the Laikipia community using sports as the mobilising tool.
All teams tackle sustainability issues through the Zeitz Foundation's 4Cs framework of Conservation, Community, Culture and Commerce, which focuses on biodiversity conservation, community development, cultural stewardship and social entrepreneurship.
- Gor Mahia eager to dim Lobi Stars at KasaraniFootball 14 hours ago
- Unbeaten Selecta are Division One champsFootball 3 weeks ago
- 'Trophies matter', says Mourinho ahead of Man Utd-Liverpool clashFootball 14 hours ago
- Dennis Oliech eyeing big return to footballFootball 2 days ago
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 2 days ago
- Hockey: Sailors win men’s Super League Hockey 6 days ago
- Kenya wins Copa Coca-Cola under-16 Africa Cup of Nations as they claim boys' and girls' titles Football 14 hours ago