Woman brutally attacked by husband now admitted in Ol Kalou
By James Munyeki | May 28th 2020
The county government has offered to provide free treatment for a 24-year-old woman who was brutally assaulted by her husband in Tharaka Nithi County a week ago.
County officials picked her up from home in Njabini where she was staying after failing to raise Sh4,000 for treatment.
She is admitted at JM Kariuki Hospital in Ol-Kalou.
Yesterday, Nyandarua county health executive Njenga Mungai said they will cater for all her medical bills. "The woman was staying at home as the family could not raise money for her medical care and that is why we intervened. We sent our officials, who brought her here and she has since been admitted," said Dr Mungai.
The patient was attacked by her husband, who accused her of drunkenness and infidelity.
He inserted pepper in her private parts and sealed her mouth and ears with glue before escaping.
Bizarre: Man found licking dead teacher’s blood in mortuary arrested
By James Omoro
- Tuju to walk 52 kilometres from Karen to Kijabe Hospital
- Where are our girls? Eastleigh mothers cry out for missing daughters
- Koome: I’ll work with Executive but cannot give up independence
- Why Kirubi couldn’t sell weaves, wigs
By Fred Kagonye
- Kirubi had razor-sharp intellect and nurtured promising young talent
By Eric Latiff