How to move a TV stand
By David Nguthuri | September 8th 2016
A TV stand is an essential element that can add style to the living room. It should be taken care of and ensured it fits in with the other furniture in the sitting room. Here are some key things you should consider when moving your TV stand:
Is your TV stand mobile?
Some TV stands come with wheels. If your TV isn’t very big, this can come in handy. It allows the TV to be easily turned around, especially if one wants to optimise the viewing position to reduce the glare. When transferring the TV between rooms, a mobile stand makes your work easier.
When it is fixed
If you have this kind of a TV stand, do not panic. All you need to do is disassemble the stand. With the help of another person, move the stand into a blanket to begin disassembling the whole unit. Then, use a screwdriver to remove any screws from the TV stand, beginning with the top, working your way down the unit to the legs or the feet. When disassembling it, make sure you have supported the pieces as you are unscrewing them so that they do not become damaged in the process.
What if you cannot disassemble the stand?
All you need to do is lay it onto a blanket and wrap it around the stand, then secure it with a tape until the tape comes into contact with the blanket. If its legs or feet get exposed, wrap them in a bubble wrap to avoid damage.
Chepkoech, Kiyeng through to steeplechase final as Korir disqualified in 400m men heats
- Why Harold didn’t make it to the Olympics
By Peter Theuri
- It’s a day of ups and downs for Kenya at Olympic Stadium
- No Kenyans in 800m finals as Moraa misses mark in semi-finals
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession