Quick, easy ways to keep your tiles clean
By Ferdinand Mwongela
| August 4th 2016
Interior finishing today uses more tiles than a few years ago. This is especially so for the kitchen and bathroom, although tiles are to be found in almost every room in a house today. So, how do you keep them clean?
1. Use baking soda, sprinkled lightly on a damp sponge, to easily remove grease from tiles behind the hob.
2. Clean grout between the tiles with a toothbrush, working in a paste of vinegar and baking powder or baking soda and lemon juice. Leave for a couple of hours and rinse off.
3. Clean greasy tiles with lemon juice.
1. Before cleaning bathroom tiles, run the shower on hot for five minutes to steam dirt loose.
2. Clean grout with a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice. Lemon juice is a natural lightener and baking soda is a natural scourer and odour absorber.
3. Use baking soda and a gentle scouring pad on tough stains.
4. If tiles are very greasy use lemon juice or vinegar – nature’s degreasers!
MPs pass law to allow exam rankingMPs have voted for reintroduction of the annual fanfare that is the ranking of schools’ performance in national examinations.
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
Karen Hospital co-founder Dr James Mageria dies of cancer
- Why Dr James Gakara's postmortem failed to proceed
- Jubilee nominates Isaac Ngugi to replace Prengei, Governor Kinyajui protests
- Masinde Muliro University’s top administration, including VC, announced
By Brian Okoth
- Home alone: Kenyans don’t understand why man’s angry after wives leave him
By Brian Okoth
- Nakuru family in agony as KWS detective goes missing