Grabbed Pumwani Hospital land to be repossessed
By Mwaghesha Mkala | February 4th 2016
Pumwani Hospital sits on only five acres of the 20 allocated to the hospital in 1979.
A visit by the Nairobi County’s Health Executive Benard Muya revealed that developers have grabbed part of the land that had been earmarked for expansion of the hospital.
“According to the building approval plans in possession of the county government, Pumwani hospital is supposed to occupy 20 acres but only utilises five because the rest has been grabbed,” said Muya, adding that those occupying the grabbed land will be evicted and the building on it demolished.
“Whoever had allocated land to the developers did so illegally,” he said.
Governors propose lockdown to curb spread of Covid-19
By Erick Abuga
- This man Jakoyo: MP’s last message to Raila Odinga
- Ruto: Tweets that tell the story of a fall out
By Allan Mungai
- Jubilee poached me – Mwaura
- TB Joshua to be buried at his synagogue, wife set to take over
By Too Jared
- Raila returns to Coast amid a lull
By Benard Sanga