Uhuru warns chiefs against campaigning for Opposition
By Mercy Asamba | August 2nd 2017
President Uhuru Kenyatta told Kamba community that he will beat NASA presidential candidate Raila Odinga in the forthcoming General Election with or without their vote during his campaign tour in Makueni County.
“We have come to ask for your votes but we are not forcing you to vote for us. You may vote for whoever you want but this time, I assure you, we will beat Raila, “President Uhuru said.
He threatened to punish chiefs using motorcycles provided by Jubilee to campaign for the Opposition.
President Uhuru and his Deputy President William Ruto warned of unspecified action after election against those who do not support his government.
President Uhuru further said he is not worried about Raila's insults as they will not hinder him from carrying out his regular duties.
Uhuru assured residents that the construction of the proposed Thwake Dam will commence soon after the compensation process has kicked off.
Beyond the call of duty: Kericho nurse who won hearts of many
By Nikko Tanui
- Safari Rally: Traffic to be disrupted in major city roads
- Gang fires several bullets into motorist’s car on Thika Road
By Kamore Maina
- Mt Kenya leaders hold meetings to unite voting bloc
- Sh431m love fraud: Kenyan woman could face up to 30 years in US jail
By Brian Okoth
- Six soldiers who were part of British military exercise in Kenya face dismissal
By Betty Njeru