Kanu to support Ford Kenya candidates
By Alex Wakhisi | February 22nd 2017
Kanu will not field candidates for Bungoma and Trans Nzoia gubernatorial seats and will instead support Ford Kenya candidates.
The party, however, will field candidates for other seats in the two counties. Job Shangani, Trans Nzoia and Bungoma Kanu regional coordinator, predicted that the independence party will win majority seats in the two counties.
Speaking in Bungoma after a meeting with Ford Kenya officials, Shangani said Kanu may also support Ford Kenya senatorial aspirants.
He added that Ford Kenya would pick Kanu member for deputy governor post.
"The talks are still ongoing. This arrangement is the best because Ford Kenya is popular in Bungoma and already it has gubernatorial aspirants who have announced their intentions to unseat governor Ken Lusaka," he said.
'My daughter wasn't late MCA's side-lover'
- Knec gives new rules for exams as private schools reject move
- Zambia's founding president Kenneth Kaunda dies aged 97
- Kalonzo surprises himself by taking firm stand on 2022
By Peter Kimani
- I haven’t asked for your support, Raila to Kalonzo
- Curfew in 13 counties changed, to start from 7pm to 4am
By Brian Okoth