CORD leaders accuse Jubilee of intimidation
By Kepher Otieno | January 9th 2017
Opposition leaders have reacted angrily to the withdrawal of Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho and his Kilifi counterpart Amason Kingi's security.
Yesterday, ODM national chairman John Mbadi said Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery had ordered the withdrawal of security officers guarding the two governors over separate incidents in which they criticised the President over the manner the Jubilee Government was handling development projects at the Coast.
"We are reading mischief in the way security authorities are handling the safety of Opposition leaders and we demand the immediate reinstatement of Joho's and Kingi's security," said Mbadi.
The MP claimed the two leaders, just like any other Kenyan, deserve to enjoy right to protection.
Suspected motorbike thief stoned, set on fire
- Gatundu residents chase away dam workers
- Kileleshwa’s spiderman to spend seven days in custody
- Mwananchi Credit goes after Waititu's vehicles
- Sonko: Man who lived in a glass house and dared to throw stones
- KCSE candidate explodes with rage after ‘mwakenya’ snatched
By Fred Kibor