I will never support Governor Rasanga, says Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo
By Olivia Odhiambo | January 3rd 2017
Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo has refuted claims that he will support Governor Cornel Rasanga's re-election bid in August.
Reacting to a story published in a local daily, Mr Midiwo maintained that he would never support Mr Rasanga.
Midiwo said he had not reconciled with the governor regarding their political differences.
"Those peddling rumours that I have reconciled with Rasanga are daydreamers. I do not agree with the governor's style of leadership and I do not plan to back his gubernatorial bid," he said.
Speaking in Gem sub-county, the MP said he had made a declaration to support either Rarieda MP Nicholas Gumbo or Rasanga's competitor in 2013, William Oduol, for the governor's seat.
He however admitted having met with Rasanga at a family gathering held at the home of Siaya County Public Service Board chairman Joe Donde.
Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
- Why Kenyan trio may not win 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession