Opposition MPs dropped from House committees
By Alphonce Shiundu | April 29th 2016
The Opposition yesterday dropped two MPs from committees of the National Assembly.
Minority Whip Thomas Mwadeghu (Wundanyi) told Speaker Justin Muturi that CORD had dismissed Opiyo Wandayi (Ugunja) and Masoud Mwahima (Likoni) from their respective committees.
He insisted the reason for the de-whipping was to "reorganise committees and not to punish the two members."
Wandayi is serving an eight-month suspension over heckling President Kenyatta on March 31.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession