';
×
× Digital News Videos Opinions Cartoons Education E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
×

A woman has died in Nyando after she was electrocuted by a refrigerator.

While confirming the incident, Nyando OCPD Leonard Matete said Maureen Atieno (pictured) got electrocuted while opening the fridge at her home in Kakola, Nyando Sub-County.

According to the police boss, the matter was reported by Atieno’s father-in-law who told them that she was going to pick some fish which she wanted to fry and take to the market.

Matete stated that upon proceeding to the refrigerator, a touch on its door electrocuted her instantly. He said Atieno began wailing before she fell on the ground.

The police boss stated that Atieno died while being rushed to Boya Hospital and has since been transferred to Ahero Sub-County hospital’s morgue.

While terming the incident as unusual, Matete stated that they had launched investigations on the incident, and had called Kenya Power to help with the probe.

“We are investigating the matter, we have called in Kenya Power to check on what might have gone wrong,” he stated.

Her death comes barely six months after her late husband, William Omondi Alias Sisqo, who was among the famous Nyando six died in November last year in a gruesome murder in Busia.

Covid 19 Time Series

 


Electrocution Maureen Atieno
Share this story

Read More

Feedback