Chaos as police arrest MCA over protest
| Jan 9th 2020 | 1 min read
Several people were yesterday injured and a member of the county assembly arrested when police clashed with demonstrators seeking to eject a secondary school principal.
Trouble started when the demonstrators, led by Davidson Onuso, who is also the deputy Speaker, tried to evict Kiobegi Secondary School principal Jairus Onchoke over alleged poor management of the institution.
Police fired tear gas and hit with clubs demonstrators who tried to stop them from arresting the MCA.
Onuso was arrested outside the school compound as the residents protested what they termed years of poor performance in the school.
Onuso had earlier been arrested on Tuesday evening in Nyamache and released on a police bond.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Ringa Boys High School on the spot over student's death
By James Omoro
- Ngilu and Musila in talks over top seat
- Court blocks two children born out of wedlock from inheriting step-father's property
By Daniel Chege
- Oscar Sudi was not our student, ex-Highway Secondary School principal testifies
By Paul Ogemba
- Why Wiper isn't about to sever ties with Azimio
- Samuel Mugota: Wife reveals puzzling details of man shot dead at Mirema