Kisumu hit by theft of water meters
By Byrone Roche and Anne Atieno | May 25th 2019
Several people have been arrested in an operation targeting water meter vandals.
Kisumu Water and Sewerage Company (Kiwasco) officials and police Friday embarked on a crackdown in Nyalenda, Migosi and Car Wash estates where they recovered 15 meters that had been stolen from customers.
Kiwasco Managing Director Thomas Odongo said the suspect arrested yesterday was in custody at the Kondele Police Station.
He noted that the vandals had cost the company over Sh700,000 in lost revenue, adding that this loss and the water left flowing from broken meters, accounted for 33 per cent.
Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
- Why Kenyan trio may not win 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession