Nyong'o suspends Sh15 million Hippo Point beach plan
By Harold Odhiambo
| May 8th 2019
Governor Anyang' Nyong’o (pictured) has suspended a Sh15 million development plan at Hippo Point beach following a row over its ownership.
In the proposed budget for the 2019-2020 financial year, the county has set aside Sh5 million to fence and construct a jetty on the lake front that is popular with visitors, and another Sh5 million to construct an Olympic size swimming pool.
But last week, Kisumu East MP Shakeel Shabbir wrote to the governor claiming that the land had been irregularly leased to an investor for the next 75 years. Yesterday, the governor announced the suspension of any planned development at the site until investigations to establish the ownership of the land are completed.
Malindi pastor charged with brainwashing childrenFurther, the court heard, the films incited Christians against Hinduism, Buddhism and Islam.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Unravelling Dr Mercy Mwangangi’s love metaphor
- Witnesses now decline to testify against lawyer Paul Gicheru at the ICC
- Suspected suicide bomber blows self up in Kisumu, kills elderly couple
- Raila Odinga and the Trio Mio debate: Musician’s mum speaks
- Fred Matiang’i: Kabete police officer killed 6 in love triangle rage
- Fake KDF man storms police station, harasses officer on duty
By Erick Abuga