Several hurt as police disperse protesting staff
By Kepher Otieno | February 12th 2017
Several clinical officers were injured while three others were arrested after police officers violently stopped them from entering Kisumu Governor Jack Ranguma’s office.
The police shot in the air and lobbed teargas canister at the staff, who were protesting against delayed salaries.
The injured were rushed to the Kisumu County Hospital. Speaking later at the Kisumu District Hospital, Kenya Union of Clinical Officers Kisumu Branch Chairman Vincent Owaa vowed to press on.
“Until our concerns are addressed, we will continue to stage peaceful demos,’’ said Mr Owaa.
Sonko: Man who lived in a glass house and dared to throw stones
- Mother of two pleads guilty of killing husband
- Mwananchi Credit goes after Waititu's vehicles
- Prof Patricia Kameri: Having a woman CJ should not be problematic
By Betty Njeru
- The fathers built River Road, their sons built Upper Hill
- Mike Sonko: Son of strict mother who enjoyed being with people
By Benard Sanga