3 students killed in Kisii accident involving school bus
By Eric Abuga | August 12th 2016
Kisii: Three students were Friday morning killed in an accident involving a bus belonging to St Mary's Nyamagwa Girls High School in Kisii.
The accident happened along the Itumbe-Igare road off the Kisii-Kilgoris road as the students were returning from a short trip to the nearby shopping centre to celebrate acquisition of the new vehicle.
Witnesses say some students perished on the spot, while police and hospital officials put the number at three.
Casualties were rushed to Nyamache Sub County Hospital and Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital.
A total of 68 casualties were received at Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital with five critical cases in theatre.
According to Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital CEO Dr Enock Ondari, the casualties include a teacher and driver.
The accident happened right at the spot where another school bus killed over 13 students headed for school games a few years ago.
Knitting diver Tom Daley catches attention at Tokyo Olympics
- Abel Kipsang sets new Olympic record in 1,500m semis
- Thursday notebook: Team Kenya outfit is popular in Tokyo
- Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession