Blind woman drowns after falling off motorcycle
By Kenan Miruka | November 13th 2013
By Kenan Miruka
Kisii, Kenya: A blind woman slipped from a motorcycle and drowned in a river as she travelled home from hospital.
Salome Mogwasi, 80, was being ferried home by a boda boda from Bogichoncho health centre when they were involved in an accident as they crossed a bridge along Riakimonge River in South Mugirango.
Witnesses said the octogenarian slipped and fell into the raging river as the boda boda operator tried to navigate through the narrow bridge.
Efforts by passers-by to rescue the woman were futile but her body was later retrieved from the flooded river after a long struggle.
Her body is lying at St. Camillus Tabaka Mission hospital mortuary pending autopsy.
Maasai clan goes to court to stop Uhuru directive on disputed land
- Uhuru drops erstwhile loyalists as Raila joins kitchen cabinet
By Nzau Musau
- Six police officers arrested drinking in bar during curfew
- Months after road crash Tuju meets matatu driver
- Education Ministry must resolve chaotic Form One selection and placement
By Clay Muganda
- Chris Kirubi and the gospel of seek ye first wealth and all...