We all know that a hot bowl of oatmeal is just what the doctor ordered for breakfast. But did you know that the popular breakfast food can also work wonders on your skin?
1. Oatmeal is known for its anti-inflammatory, skin-healing, properties which will leave your skin glowing.
2. It has gentle exfoliating and cleansing properties.
3. Is packed with antioxidants, proteins and lipids.
4. Effective in moisturising dry skin.
5. Repairs damage caused by pollution, UV rays and chemicals.
Can’t wait to apply oatmeal to your skin? Here are some powerful oatmeal masks you can try at home.
1. Treat acne
If you have oily skin prone to acne breakouts, oatmeal face mask might be the answer you’ve been seeking.
1. Absorb the excess oil, leaving your skin’s pores clear and less irritated, hence less likely to have acne
2. Soothes any existing acne and prevents inflammation
3. Removes excess dead cell build-up, and helps maintain skin’s natural pH level
This oatmeal face mask will take care of acne prone skin:
2. Brighten skin
If you want to safely lighten your skin again, an oatmeal facial mask can help. With its exfoliating properties, oatmeal will remove the damaged skin cells while also moisturising your skin and encouraging growth of new skin cells. Phenols in oatmeal are also said to be powerful ultraviolet absorbers.
Use this recipe to brighten suntanned skin:
3. For dry skin
Those with dry skin can also benefit from oatmeal’s potent moisturising benefits. When applied to the skin, oatmeal forms a protective layer which traps in moisture and keeps your skin from being irritated.
To reap the moisturising benefits of oatmeal, try this mask:
4. Bath soak
You can also soak some oatmeal into your bath for a full-body treatment. It will soothe and exfoliate your skin leaving it feeling soft and refreshed.