Brace for second locust wave- CS Munya warns
By Antony Gitonga | November 22nd 2020
Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Peter Munya (pictured) said the first wave, which was reported in December 2019, has largely been contained.
Speaking in Naivasha, the CS said his ministry had put in place measures to contain the spread of the pest mainly in counties bordering Somalia.
“Our projections are that the country will be hit by a second wave of desert locust invasion by mid-December but we have put in place measures to contain them,” he said.
He said the government and development partners including Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) had set aside Sh3.2 billion to deal with the crisis and caution farmers.
Currently, some swarms of the desert locust have been spotted in Taita Taveta County.
Minor dies after being hit over Sh10
By Anne Atieno
- MPs link Murathe to supplies firm that bagged Sh4b Kemsa deal
By Brian Otieno
- How ex-school head Jane Muthoni planned husband’s murder
- 71-year-old man admits to raping woman
- The goodies Uhuru has in his bag from the DR Congo
- Gunmen shoot three people dead in vehicle