Mwende Mwinzi's entry spices up political battle in Mwingi
By Nzau Musau | March 25th 2017
The entry of American-based philanthropist, Mwende Mwinzi, into the Mwingi West parliamentary race has excited the contest.
The only woman in a pool of men and riding on a Jubilee ticket, Mwende is taking a huge gamble in a region largely dominated by Kalonzo Musyoka’s Wiper Democratic Movement.
For over 15 years, Mwende has been running the Twana Twitu (Our Children) home based orphanage for vulnerable children.
“I am humbled by the warmth the people of Mwingi West have received me with. I want to make a difference in the quality of our people’s lives.
I have done this from out there and I will do it in there,” she told The Standard on Saturday.
Justice Ouko village known for breeding top legal minds
- Parents worry long holidays will expose learners to harm
- Southern Bypass crash victim identified
By Mate Tongola
- Missing Kitengela man’s family says kin was a businessman
- Ruto allies dismiss BBI as MPs take a vote on the Bill
- SRC approves new allowances for regional heads, chiefs
By Allan Mungai