Mombasa man sentenced to death over girl's rape, murder
By Willis Oketch | March 4th 2017
The Court of Appeal has confirmed the death sentence imposed on a chef by the Mombasa High Court on February 16 2016 after he was found guilty of raping and murdering a five-year old girl in a hotel on December 31 2012.
John Mwazo Machala appealed his conviction and sentence but on Wednesday the court said he was rightly charged, convicted and sentenced.
"The prosecution relied on a set of circumstantial evidence to prove that only the appellant had the opportunity to commit the offence." Said the judges
Three meetings held in Mount Kenya to lay strategy for the presidency
- Bring it on, Ruto challenges Raila and Kalonzo
By Allan Mungai
- Woman ‘happy’ after angry mob lynches her bloodthirsty son
- UoN sheds jobs, courses in step to cut costs as admissions dip
- Postmortem: Missing Mombasa woman died painfully
By Brian Okoth
- Raila now blows hot and cold in debate on judicial impasse
By Brian Otieno