Two robbers shot dead and guns seized as war on crime intensifies
By Cyrus Ombati | February 20th 2017
Two thugs were at the weekend killed and two guns recovered from them in separate incidents.
The first was felled in Kayole in a botched robbery, while the other met his death at Mukuru slums.
The Mukuru incident happened at a yard which a group of gangsters were planning to raid to steal vehicle tyres. The victims' accomplices escaped.
And four thugs were on Wednesday shot dead in two separate incidents. The first incident happened in Umoja Three where two gangsters had broken into a house and stolen household goods.
The second happened along Jogoo Road. Two pistols were recovered.
Police said the men were behind a series of robberies in the area. Their accomplice who was on a motorbike escaped.
Nairobi police boss Japheth Koome said the men had been attacking and robbing motorists and pedestrians when the alarm was raised.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Uhuru, Raila team to appeal BBI verdict
- Tuju: The 40 minutes that saved my life
- BBI promoters say House route the best option
- Backlash as elders settle on new entrant, Rusana, to succeed Obado
- ‘Israel supports Kenya’s de-escalation stance but must protect its citizens’
- Nullification of BBI wasn't shocking, it was the language used by judges