Dozens of families whose homes were invaded and destroyed by hired gangs in Kivingoni sub-location want to be compensated.
The families, through their chairman, Mr Francis Kilango, are also appealing to the State to give them title deeds to end their suffering and stop harassment by land grabbers.
In a meeting attended by area MP Francis Mwangangi on Tuesday, the families also called for action to be taken against public officers working in cahoots with influential people to harass them.
Last November, police officers allegedly led youths ferried in a hired vehicle in the middle of the night to the remote village, where they brought down several houses and asked the owners to leave.
- 1 Court stops trader's eviction from disputed land
- 2 President Uhuru reveals plan to expand Nairobi National Park
- 3 Members of troubled land firm in Molo get title deeds
- 4 Speed up issuance of land title deeds to schools
"We do not understand how the police could supervise such an illegality and allow malicious damage to property. We want the Inspector General of Police to order a probe of the officers who supervised the destruction because they are known," said Ms Veronica Muendo, whose house was destroyed.
Another resident, Mr Pius Mutavi, claimed that the affected villagers have occupied the 50-acre piece of land since 1974. He added that last year someone laid claim to the land.
"It is wrong for influential citizens to take advantage of poor people who cannot defend themselves. We want the government to get to the bottom of this matter and resolve it once and for all," said another resident, Mr Peter Mugo.
The residents vowed to stay put until their concerns were addressed, adding that they would resist any attempts to unlawfully kick them out.
Mr Mwangangi condemned the destruction of the villagers' homes and vowed to marshal the parliamentary committee on land to tour the area.
"This matter is going to be dealt with by the House committee," he said.
Elsewhere, Governor Alfred Mutua has reshuffled senior officers, explaining that this was aimed at improving efficiency.
Mr Francis Maliti, who was the Environment and Solid Waste Management executive, moves to Roads and Transport.
Also moved was Mr Joshua Musili, from Roads to the department of Lands, Urban Development, Energy and Natural Resources.
Mr Collins Sila moves to the Department of Solid Waste Management in the same capacity and was replaced by Dr Jack Nthanga.
Ms Catherine Ngarachu and Mr Jackson Muthini were appointed acting chief officers in the Energy and Water dockets respectively.
Special programmes chief officer John Muthama now moves to the Education docket.
The governor retained Mr Kioko Luka, Ms Elizabeth Nzioka, and Ms Naomi Mutie in Decentralised Units and County Administration, Finance, and Health respectively.
The others are Sunil Dhall (Trade), Mr Larry Wambua (Tourism), Ms Faith Kithu (Education), and MS Hellen Kiilu (Public Service).