Ex-Mungiki leader Maina Njenga shot and wounded along Nyahururu-Nairobi highway
By By Alex Kiprotich | May 24th 2014
|Former Mungiki sect leader Maina Njenga.|
Nyahururu, Kenya: Former Mungiki sect leader Maina Njenga has been shot along Nyahururu-Nairobi highway.
Njenga, whose convoy of two vehicles was sprayed with bullets, is being transferred to Aga Khan hospital in Nyahururu.
Nyandarua County Commander Hamisi Mabea has confirmed that five people who were with Njenga in his vehicle are dead.
Two others who were in a separate vehicle were critically injured and have been rushed to Nyahururu District Hospital.
The assailants in small vehicle overtook Njenga's convoy which was heading to Nyahururu at Suera and started shooting at them.
More to follow....
Committed teacher ‘won’t be punished by TSC’
By Brian Okoth
- Job seekers flight into slavery and torture in Saudi Arabia
- Bandits kill KDF soldier in night attack at military camp in Baringo
- Intellectual moment at CJ interview
By Too Jared
- School that lost 15 pupils in stampede among top scorers
- I’ve met Oparanya five times - DP Ruto
By Elaine Kirui