Ex-Mungiki leader Maina Njenga shot and wounded along Nyahururu-Nairobi highway
By By Alex Kiprotich | May 24th 2014
|Former Mungiki sect leader Maina Njenga.|
Nyahururu, Kenya: Former Mungiki sect leader Maina Njenga has been shot along Nyahururu-Nairobi highway.
Njenga, whose convoy of two vehicles was sprayed with bullets, is being transferred to Aga Khan hospital in Nyahururu.
Nyandarua County Commander Hamisi Mabea has confirmed that five people who were with Njenga in his vehicle are dead.
Two others who were in a separate vehicle were critically injured and have been rushed to Nyahururu District Hospital.
The assailants in small vehicle overtook Njenga's convoy which was heading to Nyahururu at Suera and started shooting at them.
More to follow....
Drama as woman storms wedding [PHOTOS]
- High Court judges ignored key issues in ruling on BBI
By Edris Omondi
- Bodies of men allegedly thrown in river recovered
- ‘Israel supports Kenya’s de-escalation stance but must protect its citizens’
- Nullification of BBI wasn't shocking, it was the language used by judges
- Lecturer awarded Sh 416,000 for breach of contract