Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
As Territory representative, you directly report to the Territory Manager IDS – East Africa and ensure the achievements of the sales targets of the IDS Business in East Africa. You are passionate about the diagnostics industry, and you embrace responsibility. Working daily with people, creating selling opportunities and demand, being on the field and managing key customers, and distributors in your region is your core daily business.
Other Key Responsibilities:-
- Have the ability to identify the clinical / technical customer needs and present the relevant solutions accordingly.
- Develop a thorough knowledge in the assigned portfolio both clinically and technically
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of current market, and enthusiastic about closely tracking competitive environment and monitor current market trends in the relevant area and is able to present up to date & accurate information and convenient solutions to the customer.
- Is responsible for ensuring achievement of region's Integrated Diagnostic Solutions business monthly, quarterly, yearly, by hospital and by distributor sales targets.
- Is responsible for working according to pricing policy of the company and the business unit to help achieving gross profit margin targets.
- Build and maintain long term relationships with their customers and can build and keep a successful customer satisfaction rate about Integrated Diagnostic Solutions – Specimen management, Infection Prevention, Molecular Diagnostics and Women Health & Cancer portfolio and services.
- Identify the key clinical and administrative decision makers and successfully present BD solutions and products.
- Conduct monthly product/ solution presentations, promotions, and trainings.
- Conduct after sales support and clinical trainings to build best practices.
- Demonstrate experience in tendering processes and follows the procurement processes until the stage of demand creation and finalization and makes effective management to win the tender.
- Work in coordination with the Order management team and the Customer Care Specialists to ensure that the product is delivered on time and correctly.
- Work in harmony with the tender laws and principles of BD and works in cooperation with the relevant departments when deemed necessary.
- Can demonstrate ability to manage the distributors effectively so that they are working aligned with BD Compliance Rules and relevant business unit targets.
- Track and manages the performances of distributors who are responsible in the region to reach Integrated Diagnostic Solutions sales targets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Regularly receives and reports monthly sales forecasts, distributor stock levels, distributor site sales, device and sample usage reports, and weekly visit and activity reports.
- Ensures SFDC (salesforce.com) is regularly used for forecasting and reporting of daily activities
- Bachelor’s degree, in related scientific field.
- Laboratory Sciences, Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Healthcare professional etc. background is advantageous.
- Experience of working in a clinical or research laboratory environment is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of sales and application experience in medical device and diagnostics industry
- Demonstrate experience in distributor and tender management
- Be able to work under own initiative to achieve personal sales objectives within defined timelines
- Good at analytical thinking, commercial acumen, and territory management
- Be a great teammate, with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient command of English, written and spoken
- Result and solution oriented
- Flexible with regional travelling
- Good experience in using MS Office applications and Salesforce.com
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.