is the commercial farming platform that helps small-scale farmers maximize their profits. Apollo’s ML-powered credit models and automated operations technology unlock the massive, untapped small-scale farming market, starting in Kenya. With optimized financing, high-quality farm products, and digital advice, Apollo farmers are already more than doubling their farm profitability. Apollo’s team brings together technology, credit, and operations experience from The Climate Corporation
(acquired for USD 1 Billion), Google
, Capital One
, and One Acre Fund
. We value the evangelical pursuit of mission with a pragmatic approach, humility in the face of challenge, active discussion of disagreements, and considerate listening.
Apollo Agriculture is seeking experienced and talented individuals to take up the position of Area Distribution and Logistics support Assistant
in the Distribution and Logistics department.
The Area Distribution and Logistics support Assistant will be based in Vihiga
and will report directly to the Logistics and Distribution Manager.
- Distribution partners recruitment, onboarding and continuous training.
- On-ground logistics support for Apollo field activities.
- Distribution channel relationship management to include stocking & technical support for Apollo partners.
- On-ground escalations resolution for Apollo Teams.
- Apollo & other partners connector.
- On the ground insights on channel development and overall processes improvements.
- Improving brand visibility via the channel.
- Other channels explorations and testing.
- Have 1-2 years of experience in distribution/channel management.
- Have experience in a fast-paced start-up environment (added advantage).
- Possess a related University Degree qualification from an accredited institution.
- Have heart and grit!
- Can establish priorities and multi-task.
- Are analytical, computer literate, proactive, and team player.
- Are a self-starter and someone who takes initiative.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Email.
- Have strong work ethic – will be responsible for Specific areas.
- Have integrity – you will bear personal responsibility for your area of operation.
- Possess working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
- Have the ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- Have an analytical mind with strong math skills.
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Have at least 3 able and willing guarantors.
- Possess a certificate of good conduct certified by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers.
- Make magic happen to solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise.
- Are comfortable taking risks that can result in radical scale, and understand that failures are opportunities to learn and improve.
- Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us, even when we disagree.
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration and growth.
- Take pride in our work and share the responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment.
- Value autonomy, honesty, transparency, and respect.