Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya 2010 (Article 185(2), 186(1) and 187(2) on distribution of functions between the National Government and County Government and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the Narok County Public Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions in the Narok County Government.
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER, – FOUR (4) POSITION ADVERT NO: NCG/CPSB/009
TERMS OF SERVICE: PERMANENT AND PENTIONABLE
SALARY SCALE: CPSB 08: Ksh. 42,970 X 1,920 – 44,890 X 2,000 – 46,890 X 2,110 – 49,000 X 2,170-
51,170 X 2,550 – 53,720 X 2,650 – 56,370 X 2,750 X 59,120 p.m.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities will include: writing and testing computer programmes according to instructions and specifications; developing and updating application systems; carrying out systems analysis; configuration of local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN); receiving and dispatching all jobs into and out of the computer room; assisting in the implementation of the computer systems and providing user support; care and safe custody of computers and related equipment; writing programmers for more complex applications and subroutines data entry; writing specifications for programmers’; performing technical, systems and user documentation tasks such as reports produced regarding statistics, destination, volumes, values; process reports for facilitating revenue collection; and conducting training for the users.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science/ICT or Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Physics or any other ICT related discipline with a bias in Information Communication Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution PLUS a Diploma in Computer Science/Information Communication Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate of membership to a professional body from a recognized institution
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications in written by completing one
application for employment form serial number NRK-CPSB (2)2016 (REV. 2021). The form can be downloaded from the Narok County Government website http://www.narok.go.ke
Candidates should not attach any documents to the application form; ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce original and copies of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, KRA, HELB, EACC and CRB clearances and Certificate of good conduct during the
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview
The Narok CPSB is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. People with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply. All applications should be sent or hand delivered in a sealed envelope on or before 28th October, 2021 addressed to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
Narok County Public Service Board
P.O Box 545-2050
Other IT jobs that you might like
Browse All in IT