About Apollo Agriculture:
Apollo Agriculture is the commercial farming platform that helps small-scale farmers maximize their profits. Apollo’s ML-powered credit models and automated operations technology unlock the massive, untapped small-scale farming market, starting in Kenya. With optimized financing, high-quality farm products, and digital advice, Apollo farmers are already more than doubling their farm profitability. Apollo’s team brings together technology, credit, and operations experience from The Climate Corporation
(acquired for USD $1 Billion), Google
, Capital One
, and One Acre Fund
. We value evangelical pursuit of mission with a pragmatic approach, humility in the face of challenge, active discussion of disagreements, and considerate listening.
About the Role:
Apollo is seeking an experienced Communications professional to manage our communication vertical. This role will be in charge of creating and executing a cohesive communications approach both internally and externally. The Communications Manager will play an important role leveraging communications to drive customer acquisition and retention. This role will be responsible for answering:
1) How do we communicate better with our customers? How do we ensure our communications achieve both customer understanding and customer engagement?
2) How do we drive specific customer behaviors through our communications? How do we use communications to more effectively market our products?
3) How do we measure the effectiveness of communications across the company?
- Excited to work closely with our customers, making frequent field visits to deeply understand their communication needs, and see firsthand the impact of the communications you develop
- An exceptional communicator across multiple different mediums
- Extremely creative, with the ability to test new approaches to best communicate with Apollo customers
- Knowledgeable about how to develop communications strategies designed to deliver business goals
- A capable user of data
- An excellent manager who can build, maintain and motivate a high performing team
- A skilled professional with a background in B2C communications - FMCG experience would be an added advantage. You also have over 6 years working experience, including team management experience
- Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers
- Make magic happen to solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise
- Are comfortable taking risks that can result in radical scale, and understand that failures are opportunities to learn and improve
- Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us, even when we disagree
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration and growth
- Take pride in our work and share the responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package and challenging projects
- Value autonomy, honesty, transparency, and respect
- Are excited to hear from you!
1) Support the creation, and execution of communication strategies both for internal stakeholders, and our customers (farmers, agents, agro-dealers, etc.) stakeholders. This will include:
a) Designing, developing, and implementing our strategy for communicating remotely over SMS, phone, and automated phone calls with our customers
b) Designing, field testing, and implementing SMS and automated call scripts for remote training on product and process communication, and ensuring alignment with our overall customer communication strategy
c) Documenting stories and testimonials among Apollo customers, including farmers, field agents, agro-dealers, and partners, and leveraging these assets in communications strategies
d) Work cross-functionally to ensure all comms and scripts are aligned to our overall customer communications strategy
2) Define a clear process to measure the impact and effectiveness of communications, and clearly tell what is working or not.
3) Work across departments to ensure their communications needs are met and that Apollo has a unified voice across all communications
4) Recruit, train and manage a high performing team to ensure timely and quality delivery of the communications mandate
5) Coordinate the creation of communications materials ranging from internal scripts for call center functions, to customer messaging content, to marketing collateral such as flyers and posters, to ensure they are in line with our overall communications strategy
6) Come up with strategic solutions to customer communication problems and needs and clearly define strategic objectives for the communication function.
7) Manage digital communications as a part of the overall customer-facing communications approach
8) Prepare budgets for all communications, track spending and utilize resources as efficiently as possible. This will also include developing TORs, as well as recruiting and managing suppliers for outsourced communications functions
Other Media Technology jobs that you might like
Browse All in Media Technology