The UK Government (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office - FCDO) has a vision of a world free from the practice of Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) by 2030, in line with the Sustainable
Development Goals, and has established a programme – The Africa led Movement (ALM)to contribute to global efforts to achieve that vision.
The intended impact of this programme is a significant reduction of the practice of FGM/C in 4-6 focus countries/regions in Africa by 2025. The intended outcome of this programme is the acceleration of positive change in social attitudes towards ending FGM/C in countries/regions in which the programme is operational.
This position will support ALM's goal in building zero tolerance to FGM by building ALM's highly trusted; its reputation strengthened through first-class communications and powerful call to action that inspires change for girls and women facing FGM/
- Studying or completed education to a college or university level in communications, journalism, public relations, communications or other relevant fields
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent written communication skills with experience writing content for a wide range of purposes
- Experience and knowledge of social media strategies and digital/multimedia communications strategies and tools
- Graphic design skills, website editing skills (working knowledge of content management systems) and virtual event planning experience are an asset
- General IT competence and command of MS office software and Adobe Creative software
- Experience working in a communications role as an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and interest in international development, FGM/C, and experience working in a non-profit environment are assets.
Work with the communications team to implement ALMS’s communications strategy
• Support day-to-day communications tasks while ensuring that the ALM’s brand is adhered to and
• Support production of a wide range of communications including marketing materials, enewsletters, electronic media, reports, press releases, articles, brochures, videos, social media
• Help to organize meetings, seminars, webinars, report launches and events and media inquiries,
including media outreach
• Work with staff in the communication and promotion of the project writing and editing of ALM’s website
• Supporting the production of brochures, project briefs, media articles, drafting of op-ed type articles etc.
• Support ALM’S social media campaigns
• Help with the editing of additional website content information
• Develop content including images and videos for website and advocacy materials
• Design communications and publicity collaterals
Other Media Technology jobs that you might like
Browse All in Media Technology