The Supply Chain Manager will plan, manage, and provide technical and operational oversight of supply chain activities - including engaging partners, procurement, logistics, transportation, and warehousing - to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of goods. The Supply Chain Manager’s knowledge and experience will allow them to anticipate and manage supply chain needs and challenges and introduce improvement solutions, using the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
The Manager will contribute to developing metrics and establish a monitoring and evaluation framework for tracking project progress, specifically tracking supply chain development among private sector partners. They will oversee market landscaping throughout the project to identify barriers and opportunities in the existing sanitation supply chain and provide recommendations that could strengthen the supply of market-based sanitation products and services to low-income consumers, including guidance on commercialization, distribution, production, and sales.
The Manager engages with relevant government/local partners to effectively foster coordination and partnerships with private sector manufacturing and distribution partners/stakeholders and ensure the institutionalization of capacity development for supply chain actors. The Supply Chain Manager has a passion for partnership development, knowledge sharing, capacity building, and a positive and action-oriented attitude.
What are we looking for?
• Master’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, Economics or Finance or a related field with six (6) years of demonstrated experience of which four (4) are at the managerial level; Or
• Bachelor’s degree Management, Business Administration, Economics or Finance or a related field with eight (8) years of demonstrated experience of which four (4) are at the managerial level
• Demonstrated experience in relevant areas such as private sector engagement, delivery of water and sanitation services, supply chain strengthening, social entrepreneurship
• Experience bringing new products and services to market, including experience with user-centered design, R&D, financial modeling, and commercialization
• Experience with suppliers and purchasing in the sanitation, hardware, or construction industry
• Experience in developing and selling consumer sanitation products or durable goods products highly desirable;
• Creative thinker who understands consumer needs and can find unique ways to develop existing/new products;
• Experience with business development services and capacity development with actors that provide those services.
• Demonstrates managerial courage to resolve conflicts and has excellent diplomatic, oral/written skills and presentation abilities;
• Fluent in English (spoken and written);
• References will be required.
Other Procurement, Facilities And Supply Chain jobs that you might like
Browse All in Procurement, Facilities And Supply Chain