Our GroR platform enables smallholder farmers to access off-takers by ensuring full chain of custody and high-quality crops. We provide them with the right quality inputs, access to capital and risk-mitigation as well as training. In our current pilot project, we are present in Tharaka, Makueni, Bungoma, Lamu, Meru, Kitui and Kilifi.
Grain Connect is seeking a talented and experienced HR Manager – Nairobi based to join our growing agricultural business by assisting the Grain Connect team to expand our GroR platform.
Reporting to the CEO of Grain Connect, the HR Manager will hold multi-faceted responsibilities in the areas of human resources and operational management. The role requires exceptional communication skills and the ideal candidate will be a self-starter.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing the full HR cycle of the GROR team and managers, which will be initially composed of 7 county managers, 25 hub coordinators, 82 lead farmers, a Field Manager a Marketing Manager, a Training Specialist, Logistics Specialist and a Quality Manager.
- Managing the exponential scale up of the team in the upcoming months in order to fulfill the next year requirement.
- Assisting line managers in talent acquisition and recruitment processes of employees in accordance with our budget.
- Managing local payroll, salary benchmarks, benefits and insurances for all employees.
- Participating in annual salary and bonus reviews and payroll budget processes.
- Establishing all local HR materials including employment contracts, handbooks, induction programs, etc. and ensures that they are up to date and aligned at any given time.
- Preparing source documentation needed for new hires, or effective changes in pay, status, or benefits.
- Fostering and maintaining strong internal relationships with line managers and employees.
- Managing and coordinating the local annual performance review process, exit interviews, employee/office events.
- Assisting the organization and supporting the managers in providing employees with development opportunities and in forecasting and planning their needs for suitable talents in line with the business strategy.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Providing expert HR advice and coaching to employees and leaders. Works to ensure high employee morale at all times.
- Ensuring local compliance with Code of Ethics and conduct.
Key Competencies (skills):
- Solid understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasker with sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong business acumen.
- Hands-on style, with the ability to make things happen.
- A loyal team player and effective team builder.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with all levels of employees.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion.
Experience and Education:
- Master in HR with good understanding of business
- Minimum six years in office and/or human resource management experience; 4-5 years of relevant HR work experience (essential).
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office.
- Good understanding of Kenya payroll management
- Experience of working in a fast paced, multicultural organization.
- Deep understanding of all the Federal, State and local Labor Law and employment equity regulations and other laws related to human resource management
- Full understanding of all HR functions and best practices.
Grain Connect believes that diversity, equity and inclusion is critical to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer whose team works hard to build respect, dignity and equity into everything we do. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented, driven and entrepreneurial minded people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, please send your cover letter to [email protected] enclosing your CV. We will only respond to electronic applications and to shortlisted applicants.
Other HR jobs that you might like
Browse All in HR