The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the completion of project deliverables, developing project budgets and workplans under the direction of the Program Director, and ensuring execution of key programmatic meetings and activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project implementation and monitoring, including supporting the technical teams to develop and implement work plans, managing the completion of project deliverables, and planning and ensuring execution of key project meetings and activities.
- Oversee the county transition agenda.
- Ensure that project resources are aligned to enable delivery of project goals, including the development of procurement plans for the grant.
- Develop and monitor budgets and workplans to support program implementation.
- Monitoring project burn rates to ensure activities are implemented within the accepted timeframe and budget.
- Conduct routine reporting as per donor requirements.
- Program representation at key stakeholder forums, including the county and national government.
- Support relationship management with donors and stakeholders for partnership engagement. Building and maintaining relationships and operational partnerships with implementing partners.
- Support sub-award management within the region.
- Overseeing staffing needs of the program, and involvement in program recruitment processes.
- Participate in writing of program reports and proposal development.
Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field
Masters’ Degree in health related field preferred
Project Management Certification
7 years’ experience in program management, 2-year experience at supervisory level
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Familiar with the USG program requirements
Project management skills
Organisation and analytical skills
Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_[email protected] on or before 27th, September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “PROGRAM MANAGER” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity Ciheb-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. .