Reports to: Gender and GBV Officer
Liaises with: Economic Inclusion Program Manager
Duration: 8 Months Contract
HIAS Kenya seeks to recruit 20 Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Monitors to contribute towards meeting the goal of “Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (ASRHR)” Programme. The programme goal is increased awareness of and access to SRHR services for at least 1000 refugees in Nairobi County.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the mobilization of community members for support groups, community forums and sensitization campaigns in the communities.
- Support in collection of accurate data and dissemination of information in various project forums as guided by the project team
- Participate in relevant training relating to SRHR project as guided by project team
- Actively contribute to a wider network of SRHR peers and existing SRHR advocacy forums to share expertise, knowledge, experience, and resources within Nairobi County.
- Diploma in Community Development or
- O – Level education certificate
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated experience on working with gender issues and/or SRHR.
- Good knowledge of the sexual and reproductive health rights.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Should be well integrated to the dynamics and needs of refugee youth within their areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and networks.
- Good working knowledge of the community needs and gaps.
- Ability to work with members of the community with little or no supervision.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong training skills in community development and working with refugees.
- Data collection and knowledge management skills will be an added advantage.
No less than three months’ work experience, preferably with an NGO. Experience in the field of refugee protection and assistance is a distinct advantage.
Proficiency in English or Kiswahili and either, Luganda, Kinyamulenge, French and Kinyarwanda or any other major language spoken within the refugee community.
Proficiency in English is MANDATORY
Method of Application
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] indicating Vacancy Notice No HRTK/SRHR-M/09/21 on the subject line. Applications not bearing this subject label will not be considered
Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The incumbents should not have any other contract with another organization.
Closing date: 24th September 2021 by 5.00pm.
Applications not bearing this subject label will not be considered
Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.
Other NGO And Social Development jobs that you might like
Browse All in NGO And Social Development