About the role...
As an an experienced iOS Developer to keep building and maintain one of the best apps in the East African market. The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations and services aiming to the long-term success of our business. The ideal candidate will work hand in hand with our Tech Leads (backend and Mobile) and Product Managers.
They always try to work with the latest technology, following agile methodologies and with Kotlin, Swift, Vue.JS and Elixir as our tech stack, while keeping an eye on the user experience and the value provided to our customers.
Location is Flexible. Candidates based in Uganda/Kenya/Nigeria are encouraged to applied.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Strong experience in iOS and working with Swift
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applicationsto back-end services
- Working knowledge of mobile architectures like MVVMand Clean Architecture
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns,and best practices
- Demonstrated experience producing structured, readableand testable code
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools,such as Git
- Care about quality and know what it means to shiphigh quality code
- Ability in identifying, debugging and resolvingcomplex production issues
- Jira and Agile methodologies (like Scrum and Kanban)
- Familiarity with SOLID principles and Clean Code.
Desired Personal Skills
- Critical thought, analytical thinking and good communication skills
- Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Willing to go above and beyond; we would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing.You enjoy reviewing others' code and sharing your knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Empathy, respect and a big sense of humor; we are people before engineers
- English communication skills
- Flexible work hours - We’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It’s about delivery!
- Remote working
- A passionate, inspirational and aspirational team→ Teamwork is in our core values
- Grow yourself -Learning is a habit. We empower people and we want you to grow with us. Tell us the areas you wish to improve in and if it makes sense for the business, we’ll do what we can to help you do just that
- Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa and it’s improving millions of lives
- Opportunity to travel in East Africa and interact with the product and our multi-cultural team
Community – we started as a small community of Boda drivers and we never forget this. We share lunch and we care about our community of staff, drivers, entrepreneurs, and customers.
Innovation – we challenge the status quo and believe that positive change is possible. We bring solutions that constantly require us to think out of the box.
Transparency – We are open-minded in what we do. We have candor and share our experiences openly without fear of judgment. We love feedback on our product and on our own personal performance so that we can improve every day.
Safety – if we don’t care about safety ourselves, then how can we change our industry for the better?
Trust – we expect customers to trust our drivers and entrepreneurs, so we need to trust one and another in everything we do.
Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we are accountable for our actions. We deliver what we say we will deliver.
Collective Commitment - teams and entrepreneurs are allowed to disagree while a decision is being made; however, everybody must commit to it once a decision has been made. “I agree and I commit, I disagree and I commit”.
Other IT jobs that you might like
Browse All in IT