About the company...
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, the company provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of their transportation service, the company is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services such as food and grocery delivery to keep Africa moving forward.
Based in Uganda, Kenya and Nigeria, they are a venture-funded Series B company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in Africa. They have a passionate and highly engaged team based in East and West Africa and are looking to quickly grow it to speed-up the organization’s growth and make sure they can revolutionize transportation, on-demand services and payments in Africa’s cities.
About the role...
A Product Owner leads product development of the business verticals. You are responsible for shaping the product roadmap, developing the product positioning, and owning the growth strategy for the product. You will work with and energize the team to deliver highly impactful product development. They are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate person to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company and industry.
Location is Flexible. Candidates based in Uganda/Kenya/Nigeria are encouraged to applied.
- Lead all dimensions of product development for the passenger & driver app: visioning, long-term road mapping, daily prioritization, feature design, development, and testing.
- Be the champion of the product – make the tough calls. Support the development team and hold them accountable.
- Manage and lead a growing team and work with the CTO and Senior Leadership to steer product development.
- Oversee the product testing and iteration with a strong focus on user-centered design. This means understanding the customer's needs and being the voice of the customer.
- Communicating with stakeholders on the product, its development, performance, opportunities.
- Serve as a customer and business proxy to the engineering team, communicating business vision, strategy, and interests to the product and engineering teams.
- Oversee product support activities and initiatives
- Have 4+ years of experience in product management, development, and design, delivering highly successful and innovative products
- Have an understanding of computer science and agile development methodologies
- Focused on building businesses, not simply features. Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- You are excited to become a master of our product, have great knowledge of our market, customers, and competition
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble, and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences, backgrounds, and skills
- Possess strong data analysis skills. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- Strong undergraduate degree (or higher) with demonstrated strong academic performance
- Excitement for the vision and what we are trying to achieve
- Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa
- Opportunity to travel to East Africa and interact with the product and our multi-cultural team
- Competitive salary based on experience
Other IT jobs that you might like
Browse All in IT