Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a. Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b. Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
c. Have graduated with Bachelor's degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred area of Studies:
Master’s programme on international development, law, political science, land management, social development, urban and/or rural development
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background; the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the Supervision of the Programme Management Officer, the intern will:
- Provide technical support in documenting lessons and experiences of the Section’s land and housing tenure interventions on country level work, tools development and partnership building;
- Provide technical and coordination support in the development of land tools in collaboration with partners;
- Provide technical and coordination support to Community of Practice on land, housing and shelter governance;
- Assist substantive and technical staff in organizing and documenting land-related events, training and meetings;
- Provide coordination support with partners in relation to project monitoring, capacity development and partnership strengthening processes;
- Provide support in the over-all research and documentation of Section-related work on land and housing tenure and land administration;
- Contribute in various GLTN-related communication and advocacy activities and initiatives; and,
- Perform other relates tasks as assigned.
Other Legal And Company Secretarial Services jobs that you might like
Browse All in Legal And Company Secretarial Services