ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
Come and join our international development organization, working to eradicate avoidable blindness. Currently operating in over 25 countries throughout Australia, the Pacific, Africa, South Asia and South East Asia, The Foundation has restored sight to over two million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take The Foundation even closer to realizing our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to good health.
This newly created greenfield position will play a lead role in driving a comprehensive program of change and awareness to promote physical and personal security aligned to The Foundation’s strategy and developed in collaboration with key partners and like-minded organizations. Ensuring COVID-19 practices are in place, this opportunity will involve extensive travel to most of our country offices including Africa, Asia, Australasia and Middle East where you will have the opportunity to make a great tangible impact on the welfare of our teams and partners, as well as develop longstanding relationships globally!
As the Group Security Manager, your first year will entail the following:
Strategic Safety and Security Planning 70%
- Support countries to develop or review context risk ratings, standard operating procedures and contingency plans
- Support country teams to develop country security plans in alignment with global strategies and policies
- Visit country / sub-country offices to conduct security risk assessments and help The Foundation’s country teams and implementing partners to put in place adequate preventive measures
- Develop and disseminate security guidelines, policies and procedures, and monitor implementation for compliance
Capacity-building and knowledge-management 30%
- Coach country and global teams to enhance an appropriate safety and security culture at The Foundation
- Identify security capacity needs and develop contextualized training and development plans
- Facilitate delivery of specialized security training to global, country and partner teams
You are a natural leader! You have a global lens on all initiatives and are culturally tuned with each interaction. You have lived experience implementing safety and security measures within fragile or complex environments. You thrive in working independently and take pride in providing technical expertise to all stakeholders at all levels. You understand the importance of implementing security measures within an INGO context. You may already have established relationships or connections with similar implementing partners/organisations within the 25 countries in which we operate.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- More than 7 years of experience in safety and security, preferably (not essential) in an INGO setting
- Experience implementing Core Security Requirements
- Evidence of membership/participation in safety and security networks at global, regional or country level
- Proven experience in safety and security themed capacity-building including Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
- Experience in the facilitation delivery of specialized security training to global, country and partner teams
- Willingness to travel extensively (occasionally at short notice, in difficult circumstances to countries with limited infrastructure)
How we recognize your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits, we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment that enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, then we have a number of programs in place to support you.
Doing meaningful work that will help shape the lives of those living in communities
Flexible work environment – we focus on output not hours
Generous Leave allowances, including time off for cultural significant/ceremonial leave
Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development
To find out more about our benefits click here
How to Apply
If this opportunity appeals to you and suits your skills, we would love to have a confidential conversation with you. Please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, on [email protected], kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address. Please ensure you click the apply here button.
Application Close: 13th September 2021
Other Distribution, Logistics And Transport Services jobs that you might like
Browse All in Distribution, Logistics And Transport Services