Ref No. CPSB/TTC/104/2021
POSITION: TOURISM OFFICER II JG CPSB 10 ‘J’
Number of Posts: Four (4)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Basic Salary Scale: As provided for by the Salaries and Remunerations Commission
Requirements for appointment
1. Be a Kenyan citizen;
2. Be a holder of a Diploma in any of the following disciplines, Tourism Hospitality Management, Hotel Management, Marketing from a recognized institution/university in Kenya; OR
3. Must have a minimum of three (3) years working experience in a similar role in a busy working environment;
4. Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and,
5. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Environmental Studies, sociology, geography Business Administration, commerce(Marketing Option) International Relations from a recognized Institution.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
1. Identifying & preparing simple reports on Tourism products;
2. Identifying small & Medium Tourism Enterprises (SMTE’s) and community based tourism projects;
3. Inspecting and preparing reports on Tourism facilities and service providers;
4. Collecting data & information for development of Tourism guidebooks and tourisms statistics;
5. Identifying suitable locations for mounting tourists signage’s;
6. Minute taking during official minutes, official data management and processing; and,
7. Any other administrative work as may be assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
The Secretary/CEO County Public Service Board Private Bag VOI OR Hand delivered at the Voi Sub County Office (Former Municipal Council offices).
1. Candidates MUST clearly indicate the position being applied for by quoting the vacancy reference number.
2. Candidates MUST attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
3. Candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 by obtaining Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
4. The applications with copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 17th September 2021.
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
6. Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
7. Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified.
Beware of fraudsters! The Taita Taveta County Public Service Board does not charge any fees for purposes of processing applications or facilitating interviews. In case of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.
The Board’s official telephone number remains 0710988455.
Other Hospitality And Tourism Industry jobs that you might like
Browse All in Hospitality And Tourism Industry