TEMPORARY LOGISTICS ASSISTANT/DRIVER
Location: Kisumu, Siaya, Nyamira or Migori
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children, and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to strengthen health care delivery in CHAMPS-supported facilities and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and facilities.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy and will have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence, and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
CMMB’s Finance and Administration Department plays a critical role in ensuring that CMMB efficiently and effectively utilizes its resources in achieving its program goals through least cost and value for money. The Department strives to ensure that all expenditures are in compliance with both CMMB policies, donor requirements and National laws. Through a team of dedicated staff, the team upholds utmost integrity, honesty, and love in the execution of their roles to achieve CMMB’s vision, mission and core values.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
Reporting to the CHAMPS Manager, the Logistics Assistant/Driver will be responsible for the safe driving and care of CMMB vehicles and property. He/she will at all times comply with the traffic regulations and the Organizations’ policies and regulations on vehicle Management as well as the Kenya Traffic Act CAP 403, Laws of Kenya.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly transport duties.
- Drive Cmmb vehicles, and or equipment as shall be assigned by the Supervisor in a safe and economical manner in conjunction with the regulations in
- The Driver is responsible for the routine check-up of the vehicles, routine check-up to include but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights & tire condition, windshield wipers,
- Confirm availability of vehicle tools and equipment’s before, during and after
- The Driver shall always maintain assigned vehicles clean and in good condition, properly for the convenience of the Organizations’ operations.
- The driver shall always stop the engine and electric power of assigned vehicles to save consumption of fuels and the general vehicle engine
- He/she shall ensure compliance with the given
- The Driver shall handover the assigned vehicles by doing a comprehensive handover report before departing for leave.
- Produce weekly records of approved mileage travelled.
- Assists with logistical matters, e.g., deliveries, visa applications, statutory payments, picking up and collecting mail from post office and other errands as
- Performs other duties as assigned by
- Ensure safety of the vehicle /passengers /materials.
- Embrace ownership, caution and responsible behaviour while driving to avoid any form of
- Ensure safety of passengers on aboard Cmmb
- Ensure vehicle first aid kit and fire extinguishers and other vehicle safety equipment are available and in good
- He/She shall carry only authorized passengers as per the Organization policies on vehicle
- The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulations and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the Traffic Act, Laws of
- The driver shall at all times park the vehicles at the designated parking area/secure place with all doors and windows locked, keys kept
- Ensure that all passengers are on safety belts for trips within, and outside
- The driver shall always drive vehicles safely and comfortably and must exercise defensive driving while on the road to prevent accident.
- Reckless driving shall be sufficient ground for the driver’s recall and consequently be a cause of disciplinary
- He/she shall adhere to Safety and Security regulations/SOPs.
- Ensure all vehicles legal documentation or condition is met by the organization.
- Check validity of vehicle insurance covers, road license and Police inspection
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is serviced as stipulated in the periodic servicing
- Report license expiry dates to the Supervisor on time to facilitate
- The Driver shall update vehicles logbook particulars by making right
- Clearly indicate in the Drivers’ logbook the amount of fuel taken and location.
- Reporting of accidents and incidents
- Report immediately to the Police and Supervisor; not accepting liability on behalf of Cmmb.
- Present a comprehensive report to the management within 24
- Minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education and Valid Driving license class
- You have 5 years of relevant work experience.
- You have significant relevant training or experience in defensive
- You have a valid Certificate of good conduct.
- You have good communication, writing & interpersonal
- You can effectively use Microsoft office
- You are willing to work extended hours and weekends as
- Willing and able to work in a team
- You have good working knowledge of all major local road networks and city
- You have experience in
- You are knowledgeable of the relevant laws and Traffic Act.
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based
- You believe in CMMB, where we are going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to apply
Visit our careers page for more information and click here to apply
This is a Temporary position. The appointment will be for a period of 3 months. All applications must be received by 8th September 2021.
Locals are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Other Distribution, Logistics And Transport Services jobs that you might like
Browse All in Distribution, Logistics And Transport Services