MUNICIPAL MANAGER (MUMIAS MUNICIPALITY - JOB GROUP CPSB 03 (‘R’)
This Job will expire on 30th August 2021 at 11.59 P.M
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh 121,430 x 6,070- 127,500 x 6,370- 133,870 x 6,570- 140,440 x 6,770- 147,210 x 6,960- 154,170 x 7,160- 161,330 x 7,810 – 169,140p.m
Terms of Service: Three (3) years contract renewable subject to performance
Duties and Responsibilities
The Municipal Manager will be responsible to the Municipal Board for managing the affairs of the Municipality in line with Article 184 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and the Urban Areas and Cities Act, 2011 and (Amendment) 2019. The manager shall be the Secretary of the board and an ex officio member of the board. Specific duties will entail:-
i. Ensure provision of services to its residents;
ii. Develop and adopt policies, plans, strategies and programmes for efficient running of the municipality;
iii. Formulate and implement integrated development plans;
iv. Responsible for Control of land use, land sub-division for various development purposes within the framework of the spatial and master plans for the municipality as may be delegated by the County Government;
v. Promote and undertake infrastructural development and services within the Municipality as may be delegated by the County Government;
vi. Develop and manage schemes, including site development in collaboration with the relevant National and County Agencies;
vii. Maintain a comprehensive database and information system for the municipality;
viii. Enforce the fees, levies and charges as may be authorized by the County Government for delivery of services;
ix. implement applicable national and county legislation;
x. Prepare the Annual Budget estimates for consideration by the County Treasury and transmission to the County Assembly for approval;
xi. Coordinate and facilitate citizen participation in the development of policies and plans for delivery of services;
xii. Promoting a safe and healthy environment;
xiii. Facilitate and regulate public transport.
Requirements for Appointment
iv. Be a Kenyan citizen;
v. Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Management, Economics, Urban Development, Sociology or any other related field from a recognized University;
vi. Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Management, Economics, Urban Development, Sociology or any other related field from a recognized University will be an added advantage;
vii. Has proven experience of not less than ten (10) years in administration or management either in the public or private sector;
viii. Possession of a Strategic Leadership Development Program (SLDP) lasting not less than six weeks (6) or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
ix. Possession of a Post-graduate qualification ¡n Urban Planning and Development or a related discipline from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
x. Demonstrate Managerial, leadership and professional competence in work performance and results;
xi. Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
1. Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
2. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
3. ALL Serving Officers in Public Service, MUST clearly indicate: - The Officer’s Payroll Number; Date of first appointment; Date of last promotion to the current grade; Substantive designation and Job Group; and The Officer’s respective public institution.
4. During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: - National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; and where applicable; current payslip and letter of last promotion to the current grade.
5. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
6. The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
7. Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
8. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
9. Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill the Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on integrity and leadership, before appointment.
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers option on the County Website and fill the application form.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. [email protected] will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address [email protected] and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
Other Public Service And State Agencies jobs that you might like
Browse All in Public Service And State Agencies