National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) is a State Corporation established under the Industrial Training (Amendment) Act of 2011. The mandate of the Authority is to promote the highest standards in the quality and efficiency of industrial training in Kenya and ensure an adequate supply of properly trained manpower at all levels in the industry.
The Authority wishes to recruit results-oriented Kenyan citizens with drive, vision and creativity to fill various positions at its Headquarters based in Nairobi and other centers to ensure delivery of its mandate.
Interested persons are required to download and duly fill the NITA APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM REF. NO. NITA /HR & ADM/HRP/01 accessed via the following link:
JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS
6. Manager, Corporate Communications (Grade 3)
NITA/HR&A/07/06/09/2021- 1 post
The Manager Corporate Communications will report to Director General and responsible for developing and implementing the Corporate Communication strategy for the Authority to ensure that communication is clear, compelling and consistent across all channels to reinforce the Vision, Mission and objectives of the Authority.
The Manager Corporate Communications is responsible for the following:
i. Providing counsel and oversight for the corporate Image, reputation & communication management for the Authority;
ii. Development and implementation of the public relations and communication strategy for the Authority;
iii. Development and management of the Corporate brand identity strategy and management for the Authority; iv. Development and management of the Authority’s media strategy (offline and online) to enhance communication and awareness on the Organization’s activities
v. Developing a comprehensive stakeholder relations strategy for employees, relevant government departments, partner organizations and the general public;
vi. Developing policies on public relations/communication for the Authority;
vii. Rolling out programs for building and promoting the Authority’s internal and external image;
viii. Verifying/ authenticating, editing and dispatching information for dissemination to the public and the media;
ix. Management of publications including development and production of the Authority’s magazine;
x. Liaising with media in a proactive manner to highlight the Authority’s roles in the Industrial Training sector;
xi. Media monitoring for print, electronic and social media news pertaining to the organization, identifying areas that need the Board’s attention and alerting the
Director General for appropriate action and;
xii. Ensuring preparation of media supplements and documentaries, press release/media features.
For appointment at this position, a candidate must have: -
i. Minimum twelve years (12) relevant work experience four (4) of which must be at a senior management level;
ii. Masters Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or relevant qualifications from a recognized institution;
iii. Bachelors Degree in Communication/Public Relations/International Relations or in any other related field;
iv. Diploma in Public Relations or its equivalent;
v. Be Member of Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK) or any other relevant body;
vi. Proficiency in Computer Applications and;
vii. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Note: Management course will be an added advantage
Mode of Application
1. For details of the job description and specification of the above advertised positions, visit our website. Candidates are also required to download and duly fill the NITA APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM REF. No. NITA /HR & ADM/HRP/01 from the NITA website www.nita.go.ke
2. Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number on both in the cover letter and envelope, together with a detailed CV, Copies of Academic Certificates, Copy of National Identity Card, Names and Telephone Contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by 31st August 2021, 5.00 PM (East Africa Time) to:
THE CHAIRPERSON HUMAN RESOURCE, GOVERNANCE AND ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE OF NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING BOARD.
P.O. Box 74494- 00200 NAIROBI.
Email: [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present Originals of the following
documents during the interviews:
1) National Identity Card;
2) Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts;
3) Any other supporting documents and testimonials; and
4) Clearances from the following bodies:
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
• Any of the registered Credit Reference Bureaus (CRB); and
• Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
1. NITA is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution Chapter 232(1) on Fair Competition and Merit, Representation of Kenyan diverse communities and Affording equal employment opportunities to Men and Women, Members of all Ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Other Public Service And State Agencies jobs that you might like
Browse All in Public Service And State Agencies