Our client is a leading company in Print, office supplies and Manufacturing. The client is seeking to employ a procurement Assistant who is transparent, accountable and promotes client quality and results-oriented approach. He or she will provide administrative and clerical support in the management of a variety of processes/transactions in implementing procurement and contracting of commodities, materials, equipment and services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
• Preparation of letters, memoranda, email, etc. to monitor progress and liaise with vendors during the entire procurement cycle; investigation and resolution of post-order problems and preparation of progress reports on procurement matters
• Implementation of operational strategies within company rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Processing of invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and informing clients.
• Oral/written responses to queries from internal and external clients regarding procurement matters.
• Ensure safe custody of procurement related documents such as invoices and delivery notes for purposes of reference, supplier dispute and reconciliation of accounts.
• Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers suitable to fulfilling our requirement
• Establishment and maintain working files on procurement activity.
• Routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
• Preparation of purchase orders and contracts, preparation of recurring purchase orders for contracting of services, vendor creation, maintenance of the filing system in the procurement Unit.
• Inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office.
• Identify and elaborate internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
• Inviting and analyzing negotiated quotations.
• Ensure that all supporting documents are available for audit and for review purpose;
• Raise purchase orders to respective suppliers and following up with accounts team regarding payment.
• Coordinate delivery of goods within specified lead time with suppliers by confirming PO, Delivery note, invoice match quality and specifications before acceptance of goods.
• Coordinating with the logistics department to ensure items procured are transported with immediate effect.
• A bachelor’s Degree in procurement.
• 3-5 years of experience.
• Must have great Interpersonal skills.
• Reporting writing skills.
• Must display a high degree of Integrity.
• Flexibility to adapt to change in priorities.
• Additional certifications will be an advantage.
How to apply; send cv to [email protected] .Application deadline is 31st July.
Other Procurement, Facilities And Supply Chain jobs that you might like
Browse All Open jobs