A leading and reputable company in the Manufacturing Industry which provides products for building, infrastructure and construction services within East Africa, seeks to fill the vacant position of Materials Manager based in Nairobi and reporting to the Head of Finance. Purpose The Materials Manager is responsible for store/ warehouse management-all aspects of materials planning, with a view of ensuring that materials essential for daily operations are available and the cost of procurement and stock holding minimized. The incumbent will manage materials flow, while maintaining control and accuracy over all goods inventories.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
1. Creates, maintains, and executes materials management processes, secures approval and ensures that they are complied with at all times;
2. Works closely with the Head of Production, Head of transport and Quarry manager to determine materials requirements for the company and supports the assessment of materials requirements;
3. Directs and supervises all activities related to inventory control within the stores to enhance stock control by managing minimum and maximum stock levels. This includes initiating regular stock counts and impromptu checks in order to improve monitoring and coordinating of stores operations; and stock replenishment schedule to meet customer demands and minimize stock outs.
4. Sets up materials tracking systems – manual and or electronic and ensure that these are aligned to the mandated stock holding levels.
5. Develops and implements strategies and plans to ensure that costs reduction and stock control management. Enhances overall performance and limit waste, manage stock replenishment justifications to reduce overstocking and shelf life
6. Continually liaises with departmental heads to establish changes in production plans; hence materials requirements and make the necessary adjustments to materials requirement plans
7. Continually monitors the changes in specifications provided by user departments and continually search out for alternative products, materials and equipment that would meet the quality standards and reduced costs.
8. Develops key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the material management operations
9. Liaises with a variety of suppliers for sourcing and storage of materials towards the goal of vertical integration and just in time materials delivery.
10. Manages the materials management activities, monitors the operations expenses and outputs against the budget, and lead in addressing discrepancies
11. Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual reports for proper planning and decision making process.
12. Maintains accuracy of inventory counts by managing an inventory control system capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory and taking corrective action to guard against future inconsistencies
13. Manage staff capacity and skill levels within the department to meet current and planned outputs; build and maintain talent infrastructure and employee development by assessing capability, identifying gaps and designing training programs
14. Responsible for ensuring and promoting safety consciousness including a high level of sanitation and cleanliness, safety training and ensuring that staff are in safety gear and PPEs at all times; liaise with Safety officer to conduct investigations to determine causes of related accidents and to improve safety procedures;
Academic and professional
Qualifications and experience required
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management/ Business Management, or other related discipline.
Diploma in procurement, supply chain or related field
At least Seven (7) years of experience in materials management Three (3) being in a senior role. Key Skills and Competences
Sound knowledge of material management systems and their use.
Extremely detail-oriented, efficient and able to multi-task, prioritize and follow projects through to completion.
Strong proficiency in technology including the Internet, Email, Microsoft Office applications especially in Word, Excel, and Adobe.
Working knowledge of an ERP system.
Results driven with accuracy and attention to detail.
Strong leadership, organizational, and customer service orientation.
Self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to work well under pressure and without supervision in a fast-paced work environment.
Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter, copies of certificates, testimonials and an updated CV indication their availability period, current and expected salary to the Human Resource Manager, [email protected] not later than COB 13th August, 2021.
Other Procurement, Facilities And Supply Chain jobs that you might like
Browse All Open jobs