Demand for infrastructure is rising with the accelerating pace of globalization and urbanization. The infrastructure gap in Africa constrains economic growth and leaves the most vulnerable without access to basic services. Increased infrastructure investment in Africa can create large-scale opportunity, both financial and non-financial (environmental, social and governance) and underpin African’s achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. KPMG’s East Africa Infrastructure Advisory team is committed to supporting the delivery of high quality and affordable infrastructure on the continent and delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals.
KPMG’s East Africa Infrastructure Advisory team is therefore seeking a senior manager level individual(s) with 10-15 years of experience assessing, planning, and implementing major capital projects. This individual(s) will work with a multi-disciplinary team of KPMG professionals with project finance, procurement, accounting and consulting backgrounds.
Our infrastructure team adds value to our clients on their major infrastructure projects by helping them understand and manage risks associated with their projects. Our advisory assistance helps both public sector and private sector clients develop strategies to implement, fund and manage their major infrastructure projects through effective planning, transaction structuring, robust value for money analysis, and effective procurement and implementation. For private sector clients, we assist them in a myriad of infrastructure related advisory services including responding to alternative delivery opportunities through proposal assistance, managing funding competitions and providing key capital markets advice.
This role is geared for those with in-depth experience in infrastructure transaction advisory with experience leading teams in business case development and feasibility studies, through transaction procurement and financing.
This individual will be part of the leadership team, reporting to the Africa Head of Transport & Infrastructure, driving our practice in the delivery of high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients in our practice by bringing his/her advisory expertise to the team. He/she will be responsible for assisting with business development across the region and advising on major capital projects, including those for government, as well as those for the private sector. Infrastructure sub-sectors include transport (rail, road, airport, port, urban mobility), power and utilities and social infrastructure.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering (combined with a Masters preferred but not required)
- Project feasibility, structuring experience
- Project procurement experience through to financial close
- 10-15 years of experience in infrastructure consulting/industry
- Understanding the lifecycle activities of an infrastructure asset
- Experience with alterative contract types: EPC, PPP, etc
- Experience building project financial models
- Experience drafting business plans and feasibility studies
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and analytics skills
- Proven capabilities of managing and working with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate and effectively engage with a diverse group of clients
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven track record at “juggling” multiple and competing priorities
Method of Application
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your application letter and CV quoting ‘Senior Manager – Infrastructure Advisory’ or Chief Of Party (COP)/Director/Project Manager.
to the email beow 3 August 2021.
Other Economics, Statistics, Research, Monitoring And Evaluation jobs that you might like
Browse All Open jobs