The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio
broadcasting, digital and online services. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters
of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, BTV, KTN Farmers TV, Radio
Maisha, Vybez Radio, Spice FM, The Nairobian Weekly Newspaper and Standard Digital.
The Standard Group established the FarmKenya Initiative to impact agricultural transformation in Kenya by providing innovative communication and
marketing solutions to farmers and agri-business actors and to create a platform that connects all stakeholders in agriculture to opportunities for improved
food production, quality and expanded trade in Kenya and across the East Africa region.
As part of strengthening our FarmKenya operations, we are looking for a smart, creative and ambitious individual to join the Corporate Affairs in the
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Affairs, the incumbent will be responsible for creating innovative communication and marketing solutions for
its partners and customers, implement project-specific activities funded by partners, seek funding through proposal-writing, and build strategic
partnerships that help stakeholders in the agricultural sector create more value for all and achieve their vision.
- Participate in the development of milestones, indicators and timelines for FarmKenya Projects and ensure their successful implementation.
- Identify, build and promote strong, long-lasting partner relationships by understanding and executing partner programmes.
- Research and track relevant grant opportunities and prospective funding opportunities.
- Initiate, develop and write funding proposals to development and donor organizations and agencies to implement projects under
FarmKenya and other Standard Group platforms.
- Write reports, analyses and other correspondence to various stakeholders, including partners and development actors.
- Coordinate multi-departmental proposal writing, submissions of Requests for Proposals, Tenders, etc, and reporting, including creating
timelines and convening meetings to track progress, in order to ensure delivery within set deadlines.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Co-design and implement strategic plans that expand FarmKenya’s reach and ensures its strong presence and impact.
- Assist in designing a strategy for an efficient and high-quality data collection process.
- Contribute to the development or refinement of FarmKenya’s project processes and tools.
- Co-create a data warehouse and dashboards for easy monitoring, reporting and decision-making.
- Develop and ensure effective and timely communication to Customers, Partners, Senior Management, Staff and other Stakeholders.
- Handle various procurement processes linked to projects and manage contractual relationships in compliance with The Standard Group’s
rules and regulations.
- Organize and attend agriculture-related events to maximize opportunities, seek new leads and develop a strong network of contacts.
- Support the Standard Media Group Foundation in its fundraising activities through proposal writing for grants and in pitching projects to
potential funding partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness or related disciplines with knowledge in agriculture systems, market access or other relevant areas of
the agriculture value chain.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in agribusiness and/or development projects in Africa.
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrated proficiency in proposal writing for funding; preparation and submission of tenders.
- Deep understanding of the non-governmental development world.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Strong collaborative skills with a cross-functional team orientation.
- Fast-learner, can work quickly, accurately and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Able to cope with changing priorities, often at short notice, and work well under pressure.
- Proactive, positive and solutions-based attitude.
- High levels of motivation, professionalism and resilience.
- Results oriented, with little supervision.
If you possess the above qualifications and have the drive to meet the challenges, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/jobs Friday 23rd July, 2021.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WE DO NOT CHARGE ANY FEES FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Other Agriculture, Food And Natural Resources jobs that you might like
Browse All Open jobs