About Evidence Action
Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty in some of the poorest places. Our large-scale, evidence-based programs are rigorously evaluated to ensure they reach the greatest amount of people in the most cost-effective ways. No matter what the position, each member of our team takes solace in the notion that the hard work we do does in fact make its intended impact. Collectively, our at-scale initiatives measurably reach over 280 million people annually, and we continuously seek dedicated and mission-driven people to help advance this rare, and large-scale, global impact.
Are you are passionate about data and evidence? Do you want to ensure your talents and skills are directly applied to programs that generate meaningful and long-lasting impact? Then Evidence Action is the place for you.
Under the supervision of the Office Administration, the logistics officer will be responsible for driving authorized personnel and delivery and collection services. The logistics officer will be responsible for the safe transporting of either cargo or passenger from one location to another.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive Evidence Action vehicle(s) for the transport of authorized passengers, luggage and other items. Ensures a valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in the vehicle is maintained at all time
- Collects and delivers mail and other communications to the required destinations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery and other basic electrical, brakes, tyres etc., to ensure that the assigned vehicle(s) is compliant, road worthy and maintained up to the established safety and security standards
- Keep up to date records of trips schedules, daily mileage, vehicle condition reports, fuel records and other reports present to management.
- Ensure that instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
- Support the Office Administration, in maintaining proper record of inventory of office equipment.
- Support the Office Administration in keeping the office tidy, by physical file and equipment organization
- Minimum of C- in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- Valid Driving license and Public Service Vehicle license
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- Have 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Proficient in written and spoken English and basic numeracy
- Good working knowledge of all major local road networks and city streets
- Familiarity with Microsoft office packages application.
- Good communication, writing & interpersonal skills
- Detailed knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work independently.
- Be in possession of a relevant certificate from an accredited Technical, Industrial, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (TIVET) center
- Have significant relevant training or experience in defensive driving
This job requires a flexible person as one may work beyond official working hours including weekends. In addition, the job holder may be given an assignment within a short notice.
This job will be based in Nairobi with frequent field travels in remote regions
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Note : Applications should be submitted by 30th June, 2021 5.00pm .
Other Distribution, Logistics And Transport Services jobs that you might like