SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
This position operates in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You must be a self-starter requiring minimal supervision and be able to develop new ideas, adapt to last-minute changes, and handle challenging work situations. You’ll frequently manage “issues of the day” by triaging, developing strategies, getting relevant stakeholders involved, and then executing – quickly.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
• Provide outstanding customer service to our clients by developing effective customer service procedures, implementing customer loyalty programs, and setting customer satisfaction goals.
• Responding and resolving customer’s complaints from all channels and reporting on the same.
• Creating relevant and timely content, building a variety of communications programs to keep Members informed, engaged, increase customer satisfaction and enhance their overall customer experience.
• Being aware of emerging trends in Customer Service and Communications which increase expectations of our members and acting on them accordingly.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media Management or any other related field from a recognized institution.
• A certification in Certified Marketing Analyst will be an added Advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience 3 of which must be in a similar role.
• Have an excellent understanding of how to use communication tools and techniques to increase the visibility, profile and reputation of the Sacco.
• Have a strong understanding of all social platforms with proven track record of managing the same and the impact technology is having on communications and collaboration.
• Microsoft Office proficiency. Graphic design will be an added advantage.
• Experience within a customer-focused organisation, ideally in Communications, PR or Managing a Call Centre Function.
• Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools.
• Experience in Website Management.
• Experience in measuring the impact of communications of products and changing strategies as a result of the findings.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team.
• Passionate customer advocacy.
• Deep understanding of changing market dynamics.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Research, writing and negotiation skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for customer relations and maintaining the SACCO’s image.
• Create effective customer service procedures, policies, and standards.
• Develop feedback or complaints procedures for customers to use.
• Develop customer satisfaction goals and coordinate with the team to meet them on a steady basis.
• Understand customer needs and develop plans to address them.
• Identify key staff in client companies to cultivate profitable relationships.
• Aim to retain customers and renew contracts.
• Approach potential customers to establish relationships.
• Promote an environment founded on Safaricom SACCO values of Customer focus, Integrity, Reliability and Innovation.
• Act as an advocate for Safaricom SACCO in all dealings with members and staff and present a professional image in all dealings with the public.
• Promote a balanced team environment with a focus on continuous improvements, best practice and member focus.
• Implement sound corporate communication and public relations strategies.
• Design an internal communication strategy and implementation plan and lead the internal communication strategy on a day-to-day basis.
• Develop and execute external communication agenda through effective external communications plans, channels, tools and relationships across the Society to ensure effective, timely and consistent public relations and media communication and engagement.
• Develop and implement the Society’s annual corporate affairs plan and budget against the agreed targets.
• Create awareness on Society’s policies, activities, products and services so that maximum knowledge and understanding is achieved.
• Uphold the Society’s corporate image, organizing Society branding, and communication activities.
• Content development and strong editorial skills for purposes of speech writing and editing, digital communications and social medial engagement – Publication of the Sacco Digest.
• Engage with online audiences and help maintain relationships with key influencers.
• Organising promotional events such as open days, exhibitions, tours and visits in liaison with the M&C Manager.
• Providing PR campaigns progress.
• Analysing media coverage and evaluating advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts.
• Implement and maintain corporate brand standards in all materials developed.
• Manage & plan all publicity strategies and campaigns at the Sacco.
Member Services Management:
• Assist the Line Manager in the recruitment of new members in line with the strategic plan
• Assist in development of strategies that will enhance the retention of members exiting from the society
• Assist in the management of all communication channels to members.
• In charge of the mailing list and Sacco notification email folder.
• Assist the Marketing Manager in the co-ordination, organisation and promotion of events and activities including attendance at external and internal events.
• Evaluate customer service and public relation activities and related impact by writing reports to feedback information, impact assessment and to inform future development.
Other Media Technology jobs that you might like